Friday, August 19, 2011

Hip Girl in the Yellow House!

It seems I have been away from my blog for quite a long time. We've been busy in the yellow house getting ready for school, spending every possible moment with friends, settling into the coolness of high school and swimming at the quarry. For my part, I've been unloading and re-loading the dish washer, picking the family room pillows up off the floor and returning the favorite green throw to it's rightful place. *Sigh*

I always say my favorite day of the year is the last day of school. The nice weather, lack of schedule, relaxing on the porch instead of running and schlepping and checking homework. That said, every year I anticipate the first day of school. The weather is getting cooler, I crave a schedule and start to think about nesting and cuddling up indoors when the leaves begin to fall.

Imagine how excited I was to hear the hippest girl in homemaking is coming to the yellow house just in time for what I consider the peak of homemaking season. Kate Payne, the clever girl behind, The Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking: Decorating, Dining and the Gratifying Pleasure of Self-Sufficiency: on a Budget is going to share a DIY kitchen project and sign her beautiful book at a house party.

It's so wonderful to see homemaking become something cool. Canning, sewing, gardening, sustainability and crafting.


If you haven't yet, get this book. It's full of wonderfully simple things that will warm the cockles of your heart - and those of the ones you love.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Am I too late to sign up for this? It sounds like a breath of fresh air! Will email you soon!

Jennifer said...

It's absolutely not too late to sign up. It would make a great girls night out. I'll keep you posted on book pre-orders!