Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Not-So-Skinny Dip

I don't consider myself one of those people crazy for dips. I do, it seems, turn to them in the summer for a quick pre-dinner snack while the charcoals heat. Last year my favorite was a delicious Caesar Dip, (man that's good) but this year it's Lemony-Goat Cheese.

As dips tend to be, this on is easy, easy, easy and ready to serve in minutes.


I like to use my hand mixer to ensure a smooth dip.


I prefer a fine zest for dips so use a microplane if you have one.


I've discovered this tasty dunk is good on pretty much anything. Another of it's delicious benefits for last minute noshing.

This isn't a low-fat treat to dress your garden veggies. I feel I should impart words of encouragement regarding dipping everything within arms reach into this delicious dunk. Instead, I say - who cares?

Enjoy!

Lemon-y Goat Cheese Dip

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz. fresh goat cheese,room temperature
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
zest and juice of one lemon
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Place mayo, sour cream and goat cheese into a medium-sized bowl. Though not necessary, I find it's easiest to use a hand mixer to incorporate the goat cheese smoothly. A good mixing with a wooden spoon would be effective, too.

Fold in lemon zest and juice and minced garlic. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.

Dip crackers, chips and/or veggies forthwith.

No comments: