Friday, April 8, 2011

Waste Not...

I am taking a different path today with this post. Though my "degree" is in interior design, I don't fiddle with it too much. I like simple decorating projects in my home, but as with clothing shopping, the older I get the less it appeals to me.

Many years ago, when we refinished the living room (no pictures - it would be too scary) I purchased some lovely, really too expensive sheers. They were stylishly too long and pooled lightly on the pale celery green carpeting. They were perfect. If I didn't have a dog jumping at the windows daily and 4 children using them regularly as hiding places, they would have been even more perfect.

One day I had an epiphany when contemplating how to freshen up the windows. I was feeling quite ill at the prospect of throwing the costly curtains with the tattered bottoms away. The window seat in the dining room has long been in need of some sheer covering for a bit of privacy and warmth. The old sheers were cut down (by a very talented woman-not me) and slim pockets added top and bottom.


A few bucks in tension rods later and my window seat is perfect.

It would be even more perfect if I didn't have an insane puppy and two very long boys that find it perfect for reclining...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I'm so glad I learned to sew. I love projects like this! If you ever want any free pillow cases made just send the fabric on over! =0)

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

Wish I had a window seat. That looks like a great spot to read in the morning. As if I ever get to do that!