Friday, May 21, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


I'd like to introduce you to Doug's new best friend - his Waring Fryer. Bought at a post holiday Williams-Sonoma sale for a song, there have been many fried experiments, and certainly there will be many more to come.

Seriously though, after quite an absence from my beloved family blog, the perfect place to start, the first in a three part series seems to be here. I'll call it, "I Have The Most Awesome Husband Anyone Could Ever Have - Part I"


For Mother's Day, I usually like to spend the day working in the yard. This year was no exception although I got a later start than I had hoped due to dreary weather that began the day. Jake's now famous pancakes with blueberry sauce made up for that, and soon enough I was enjoying a beautiful day in the yard.

I don't usually expect or ask for anything on Mother's Day other than time to garden but this year, I reeeeaaallllly wanted fish tacos. Along with his trusty friend, Doug has been perfecting the BEST fish tacos and was kind enough to cater to my whim.


Fried tilapia. Hot, crunchy and not at all greasy....


Corn tortillas warmed over the fire, pinto beans and super guacamole.

Shredded red cabbage and chipotle crema. Great color, nice crunch.


Pan-roasted corn tossed with a bit of butter, salt and finished with fresh cilantro.


An amazing homemade meal, shopping, prep and service done by a great man, eaten with my tremendously wonderful family.

Could a wife and mother want anything more than that?

No comments: