Sunday, September 11, 2011

A FoodiStar Is Born!

A few weeks ago, Doug, Ella and I went to hit the third stop of the Fooditour. What's a Fooditour? The effort of Fooditude to track down a new face or two to star in their new webisodes. These shorts are made to encourage children to try new foods and learn about where they come from. The website is full of activities and ideas, too.


Of course, I encouraged her and told her it was no big deal and that it would be fun. Gulp. I was glad it was her and not me. She did a fabulous job and had fun as evidenced by her big genuine smile. We were so proud of her for putting herself out there. For me it was a life lesson, I felt was important to push. Sometimes watching from a distance is nice. Sometimes it's just not where you want to be but overbearing fear, usurps the wanna-have-fun-girl. Her confidence and courage put me to shame.

A couple weeks ago her leg of the tour was posted to the website. Check out my girl here.


We'll find out the end of October whether or not she was selected and really, I doesn't it matter. We were all so proud of her for giving it a go - anything else would be gravy.

1 comment:

Additionsstyle said...

Go Ella!!! Jennifer I know you would have been wonderful as well. Never doubt your ability, you are amazing!