Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Finally - A Back Splash!

Years back when our kitchen rehab came to a close one of the last decisions was the back splash tile. The need for this decision also coincided with the fear of running over budget so it was put on hold. We painted the back splash with the same raspberry truffle red as the rest of the kitchen. Time went on and the tile project was continually moved to the bottom of the list as often happens with home improvement.  And the longer it wasn't done, the more I grew very attached to the red. I couldn't imagine not having all that color. I love color.


Two weeks back, it finally happened! My original and very simple choice, biscuit subway tile, made it to the wall. The twist I added was taking it only 3/4 of the way up the back splash. The tile stops 12" up the back and a bull nose tile runs around the top to finish it.

 Years ago, Doug had a stainless steel back splash (?) cut for above the stove. It works well with the stainless appliances.

We are thrilled with the away it has turned out. It's clean and simple and still full of color.

The only question remaining, as with many decorating projects, is why the hell did it take so long for us to do this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Subway tile is my favorite as well as red. What a perfect space! I think sometimes we second guess ourselves for years before going with our guts. At least, I know that happens in our home.