3 years ago
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
CRAVE - Chicago
It's all done. My question and answer portion submitted. The photo shoots finished.
How thrilled am I to be included in the 2nd edition of CRAVE-Chicago?
Let me count the ways....
1. It's a book. I love books.
2. I am considered an entrepreneur. Really?
3. It's full of cool woman doing cool things. It makes me feel like a cool woman doing cool things.
4. I had my picture taken (or made as my friend Kelli says) by a real photographer while doing things I love. The picture part was painful but it was really wonderful to work with the incredibly talented people of Bum Bul Bee Photography. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. They made me look pretty.
5. It's introduced me to a terrific network of people I am honored to join and look forward to knowing.
6. Sometimes when I look at soon-to-be cover I allow myself to gloat. (only sometimes)
7. It's solidified the thought that what I do is needed and important.
8. The support of dear friends (during the painful parts) has made me realize they are the best of what I've gained from my pursuits.
9. The release party will be a reason to get dressed like a sophisticated adult. Or at least like I used to in the pre-child professional days. (wonder if I can still pull it off?)
10. My family is so very proud. That's the best part.