Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What Was I Thinking?


I began running again shortly after the first of the year. I really enjoy running but as with many things sometimes it gets pushed to the bottom of the list. After I...(do the impossible)...I'll run. Then, of course, when life gets busy, it's the first thing to go. Coming off a 2 week break I climbed back on the treadmill yesterday.



Doug and I plan to do the Shamrock Shuffle again - so much fun. It's also good for my heart, cholesterol level, overall fitness blah,blah,blah.....

I kicked around doing a half marathon a few years ago. It would be the perfect accomplishment as I entered my 40's. As often happens (so nice to get to know myself as I grow older) I was afraid and talked myself out of it. Fear can really get the best of me but I put it in the guise of other things - time, bodily pain, toilets need to be cleaned. Convenient, eh?

Several weeks ago, Doug forwarded the email for a half marathon . I hit the link and signed up, without debating. This is the year I'll be out there. I've shared it with anyone kind enough to read. Now I am committed.



What was I thinking? I am scared to death.

No comments: